Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ways to Earn Rewards Online - MyPoints.com

There are many websites that allow you to earn points towards rewards with minimal time and effort.  One of my favorites is MyPoints.com.  Through MyPoints you earn points for doing what you already do online: shopping, reading emails, playing games, searching the web, taking surveys, and more.

Here's the way it works.  First, you'll need to go to the MyPoints website and sign up.  Once you're signed up you'll start receiving email offers.  I usually receive 2 to 6 emails a day.  Yes, they are advertisements, however, they will offer points when you either sign up for a service or a certain amount of points for every dollar you spend at that particular website.  Even if you are not interested in what they are advertising, most of the emails offer 5 points when you simply click on the link and visit the advertised website, this is where the majority of the points I have earned come from.

Occasionally you'll also receive offers to take surveys and earn points for your time.  Even if you don't qualify for the survey you'll still receive points (usually 10) just for trying.  Whether or not I take the surveys often depends on the time I have available.  If you do qualify for the survey you can usually earn 75 points but they can be quite lengthy and time consuming.

The best way to earn points is by shopping.  Just for logging into your MyPoints account and then searching the company you wish to buy from you may be rewarded by earning points for every dollar you spend.  You may find that the company you wish to purchase from is not affiliated with MyPoints but so many of them are that it's worth the few seconds it would take to check.  I earned over 7,000 points recently for going through the MyPoints website to get to the Home Depot website to order the new washer and dryer I had picked out in the store.  I paid the same price, still got the free home delivery, free old appliance haul away, but I earned enough points with that can be redeemed for a $50 gift certificate.

Unless you do a lot of online shopping your points may not accumulate quickly, however, since I joined in 2007 I have earned over 21,000 points which is enough for approximately $150 in gift certificates.  For the two minutes it takes me every day to click on a few links in the emails I receive, it's basically free money and I like free money.

No comments:

Post a Comment