Thursday, May 12, 2011

Deal on Tylenol Precise

I am so in love couponing.  This week Rite-Aid has a sale on the Tylenol Precise patches and cream.  This week they are priced at $5 and there's a $10 +UP working with them where when you purchase $25 of qualifying products (Motrin, Aleve, Advil, Excedrin, Precise, or Ben-Gay).  There was also a $5 off 1 coupon (expires 5/15) for Tylenol Precise in the paper last week and a $5 off 1 printable coupon which would make this free or possibly even a money maker depending on how many you purchase.

The coupon in last week's newspaper insert was a regional coupon and didn't make it into my local paper but there are other options if you want to take advantage of this deal. 

  • Option 1 - Use the printable coupon instead
  • Option 2 - Check other newspapers.  The local Maine paper did not have the coupon but I can purchase the Boston Globe locally and that paper did have the coupon.  You have to weigh the pros and cons of this option, however, because purchasing the Boston Globe costs twice as much as purchasing the local paper.  This may not be a feasible option for this deal unless you had the foresight to purchase the papers this past Sunday.  I know some stores (Hannaford in particular) sell the local Sunday paper all throughout the week but I don't know if any of them will continue to sell other newspapers (such as the Globe). 
  • Option 3 - Purchase the coupon from a clipping service.  This is what I did.  I purchased 10 coupons from The Coupon Clippers which cost $4.44 ($0.35 per coupon, $0.50 administrative fee, and $0.44 shipping).  They're currently sold out of the $5 off 1 Tylenol Precise coupons but it looks like there are some for sale on eBay.
So here's how my transaction went:

I purchased 12 Tylenol Precise
used (10) $5 off 1 coupons from the newspaper insert
used (2) $5 off 1 printable coupon
paid $3 in sales tax
received $10 +UP

My Rite Aid made me complete this in three transactions.  Stating some bogus rule that I could only purchase four in a single transaction.  I didn't have their coupon policy with me so I couldn't really argue it much and as inconvenient as it was I didn't really care as long as I was able to purchase the product and use my coupons.

The $10 +UP is not actually advertised until next week but most people seem to be receiving it.  If you do not receive it some people have had luck getting it if they call the corporate office.  If your Rite Aid is sold out don't hesitate to ask for a rain check but don't forget that the newspaper coupons expire on 5/15 so you want to use them up quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment